News Letter Sign Up

Join Our Mailing List
Email:
For Email Marketing you can trust

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Kaiser Craft Shelf With Boxes

From This

To This



We ordered these shelves back in January at CHA and due to their popularity they have been on back order until now. We got them in last week and I was chomping at the bit to get mine decorated. I really didn't have a plan when I started but knew I had to use the Jades Garden Paper Pack that we have available in the store. I started out by painting the box with Suede Glimmer mist, and was very pleased on how it took to the MDF... It shimmers and shines and really didn't take a whole lot of the GM to get it covered. Then I decided that I would cut the paper for the boxes as close to being the full sheet as I could and then put them onto the boxes in order so that the pattern would flow across the front. I covered back and sides of the little boxes with coordinating Bazzill papers, by simply cutting the papers to 2 1/2" by 12" and then just gluing it all the way around. I distressed the papers using the Rusty Hinge Distress Inks, and then glued the papers to the boxes using my beloved pioneer glue stick. I found the Knobs at JoAnn Fabrics and also painted them with the GM and distressed them with the Rusty Hinge too. I used my cropadile to punch holes in the boxes and then hot melted brads to the insides of the knobs (they have holes in the back of them) and then attached them to the boxes with the brad and a little bit of hot melt just to keep them very secure. Some of the flowers on the top are made with the Sizzix Flower Layers #5 Die (this is on back order with Sizzix) and then added a few of the misc flowers , Leaves and stringed beads I had in my stash. Around the top edge I used some of the new Prima Lace we just added to our website, and a birds nest that I found at our local craft store as well as the bird and the eggs in the nest. This whole project took me less than a day to do, and I am thinking that I am going to save it for my sisters Christmas Gift as she is a bird lover to the max.... We have the box, the Glimmer Mist, the Distress Ink, the lace, the glue stick and the Paper Pack all available in the store. Wouldn't this make a great project to do for a baby's room too? Just change the papers and use the boxes to store all of babies little gitchy goo's (that's a Barrie phrase).
Anyway, thanks for checking this out and I hope your Wednesday is full of kicks and giggles!!!

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love the papers you used on the box. I want to get a box like this, how handy would this be :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply gorgeous Carol- you did a lot of work from when I last saw it on Sunday!!!! Can't wait to work on mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you have these for sale??? I found some just like it on the web from IKEA but unfortunately they do not sell them at the store in my state

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Crafty Queen, we do have these for sale in our store at www.scrapadabadoo.com. They are quite heavy and we ship them in a flat rate box, but I will tell you what, they are well worth it. I had a friend that spied mine and she said, gosh thats like a piece of nice furniture !!

    ReplyDelete