News Letter Sign Up

Join Our Mailing List
Email:
For Email Marketing you can trust

Friday, April 16, 2010

A Gift For Mom

This week we said good bye to my Uncle John, he was my mother's sister's Husband. We drove down to Vancouver Washington for the Memorial and it was a very nice service, and we were able to reconnect with family members that we do not often see.
I got some great family shots and when I looked at them I knew I had to do something special with the ones of my mom and her sister. As they have aged, they do not get to be together as often as they use to, and I want Mom to remember their time together.
I have had these trifold Paper Mache domes and thought that it would be the perfect back ground to use. I first sprayed the trifold with some Maya Mist, Carnation Pink, and then Sprayed over that with metallic Lime. I inked the edges with Rusty Hinge Distress ink, and then cut the paper, Devonshire by Kaiser Craft and mod poged it onto the trifold. Then I just junked it up with some Tim Holtz Die cuts,Petaloo Paintables, A Butterfly from Michael's, mini roses from Prima, Leaves from Prima(sprayed with Maya Mist, Lime) self adhesive pearls, rub on and chipboard alphabets from American crafts, and Lace from Prima. I printed out the saying using vellum (hint when printing on vellum change your print settings to a fast draft or quick print, and it will dry quickly and not smear).
I am planning on giving this to my mom for mothers day, and if anyone is interested in the trifolds I will have them in the store early next week, as they will really make a great mother's day gift. Hope your having a great week end... I am
Carol




2 comments: