News Letter Sign Up

Join Our Mailing List
Email:
For Email Marketing you can trust

Thursday, February 4, 2010

New Dies From Barrie


(This is a Sizzix sample)Mine sample will be coming soon!
My package arrived yesterday with the new scoreboard dies from sizzix and my doubts about them were really put to rest. These dies are designed to cut and score the heavier materials such as chipboard & Matboard, and they do this wonderfully. I was up until 2 this morning working on a project using the XL Scoreboard Notebook Pocket die and the more I worked the more I loved it!! I have the bigshot machine, and I am sure glad that Barrie talked me into getting it, as it really does cut all the dies that are on the market, and I was able to clear out some room by putting away my revolution,cuttlebug, and squeeze (although I have my squeeze handy for those onsie cuts I make with the quickutz dies). I know that we have talked about carrying the bigshot machine, and the bigshot pro, so if your in the market for either one of these machines, let us know, we just may be able to help!!
Ok, back to my craft room to finish up the project so I can get some pictures posted!!
Toodles Carol

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carol and Barrie!

    I've been thinking about getting a bigshot or bigshot pro. But not sure which is better? I love the most of the sizzix dies. I have a cricut expression and cutting medium weight chipboard is not easy. Plus the deep blade gets dull fast and they're kinda pricey to replace. And now that Tim Holtz has teamed up with sizzix... It's gotten me more interested. Will TH's dies work in the bigshots? If so, why does he have his own machine coming out? Does his machine do something the bigshot does not? Also, how much will the machines cost? I would email yall but can't seem to find the email button! Lol
    Anyways, love yall's blog! Can't wait to see the new and fresh techniques to come!

    Miranda
    mdnguyen529@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miranda,
    I love the big shot, and Barrie has the big shot pro and loves it as well. The big shot will cut all of the dies that are on the market with the exception of the pro dies & accucut dies, which are too big to fit. The pro, will cut even the accucut dies with the adaptor that they have. They will both cut chipboard with the original,Bigz, XL dies and Pro Dies. I own an accucut(by Inheritance)and If I did not have that I would be all over the bigshot pro.The bigshot is handy for me to use with the smaller dies. I am not sure of the price on each of these, as far as what we are able to do, so if you would like to e-mail Barrie, at barrie@hawaii.rr.com I am sure she will be able to tell you the prices we are able to offer on each one of them. I do know that the price of the pro dies are much less than the price of the accuct dies, and to be honest, they are stinking cute! I am sure they will just keep getting better and better as they go along, and they will come out with more and more of the larger size dies, such as the mini books and thing. If you are going to spend the Money, I know the pro is kind of pricy, but would be an investment that is worth making for the ability to cut the larger size dies in. Hope that helps. Thanks for your kind responses!!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete