News Letter Sign Up

Join Our Mailing List
Email:
For Email Marketing you can trust

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

LSG Under the Boardwalk Sprays by Jani




The new set of sprays from Lindy's Stamp Gang, Under the Boardwalk, has a different look than their regular shimmery sprays. They have a chalky, creamier look. These soft colors have a yummy texture that draw me into thoughts of happy days playing on the sidewalk with chalks on sunny Summer days as a child.

They are not like any kid's sidewalk chalk sprays though. They are richer and creamier and come in lovely pastel colors.


Perfect soft look for these flowers
and for coloring the seam binding.

Just look at the butterflies.



They can be sprayed to make a great background for cards.








I added a little Hydrangea colored Inca Gold to the butterflies to make them pop.

I even used a paint brush to add some of the sprays to the paper doily that I cut from the Prima #4 Rose Doily Die. 



By the way, the Lindy's "Old Baldy" Dauber Caps are great when you want to add a little color to a specific area.
Lindy's Old Baldy Dauber Cap
You just unscrew the sprayer and screw on the dauber cap. Then you can add color like I did to the edges to the mat for my card.

If you want to add a little pop to the soft colors,
just ink the edges like I did for these flowers and leaves.


Or add ink to the edges of the card layers as well. 


I rubbed the ink pad directly on to the embossed areas
of the pink panel to add a little more interest. 
(I have an old video showing how to do this here)



I even added a little of the ink to the seam binding. I just  rubbed a little bit of ink on my craft mat then misted it with water. After I sprayed the seam binding with the LSG spray,
I rolled the wet ribbon up and dipped one edge of it into the ink and water.

I still love the shimmer I get from my other LSG sprays, but for a little change, it is nice to have these chalkier sprays too.

Stop by my blog to see a few more pictures of how I used these Under the Boardwalk LSG sprays with chalkboard cards. 

3 comments: