News Letter Sign Up

Join Our Mailing List
Email:
For Email Marketing you can trust

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Pearly Girl by Margaret Ann Moffat

Margaret Ann had done a project earlier this year and used this Beaded Hinge binding so I begged her to do a tutorial on this because I thought it was so lovely and feminine. So here is her post for the Beaded Hinge.

I so do love beads, wires and anything like that so of course I need to put it into a mini album.  So Pearly Girl was born.
Items used:
Darice Pearls  10 mm Pearls and 8 mm pearls
Sprays  Prima Color Bloom  Gold Foil, Cotton Candy, Pearl White, Soft Teal
Wires, jump rings and spacers from my stash

Ok you want to see it lol here’s some pictures, more are on my blog along with a tutorial.  I loooove flaps and pockets soooo had to put flaps into this one lol.

Front Cover
P8080098

Front Cover side decoration
photo 2  

Spine
I used wire, but you can use anything to bind the spine, more details on my blog.
photo

Some Inside Pages
front section has a flap going up
P8080112
flap going to the left
P8080115  
close flaps and opens to the right
P8080101

reverse side
P8080133

Opened top flap
P8080117 

Close flap and open to the right
P8080109

This was such fun to do, more pictures and detail on how I did each page is on my blog heavenlymam.blogspot.com

You can also use this method on chipboard:
I love all things ethereal so when I saw the KaiserCraft Enchanted Garden paper collection I had to use it, so when I used it lavishly on my Boxed Memories Album I still had leftovers woo hoo.
No waste in this household so had this lovely chipboard album to play with and decided it would go together beautifully.
More info on my blog.



8 comments:

  1. This is such a clever and elegant binding system Margaret Ann. Thank you for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful, Margaret Ann. I just love it!!

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Clever Margaret Ann...Beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely and clever Margaret Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so very cool MA...I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work. The pearl binding is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete