News Letter Sign Up

Join Our Mailing List
Email:
For Email Marketing you can trust

Monday, May 12, 2014

Prima Primrose Album by Debi

Hello again!  I received my first DT package and put together a beautiful little mini album. Carol and Barrie, from Scrapadabadoo Crafts, supplied me with the Prima Primrose collection! I absolutely LOVE the colors in this line! Along with the 4 Tab Chipboard Album to get me going. There was so much to play with I couldn't wait, but sadly I was down for quite a while with horrible migraines. I finally just decided to push through the pain and get my craft on. LOL! I lose myself when I craft. I hope you like it!
 
028   
On the front cover, I added a 1/4" magnet for the closure and then my paper, to hide it. I turned down the top right corner and added a piece of Petaloo Fancy Trims  underneath. For the front closure I used a piece of pattern paper cut at 2x4 1/2 and scored at 1/2 on the two long sides. I applied a piece of Tyvek  to the inside, to ensure it wouldn’t tear from use. Then I added The other half of the 1/4" magnet to the inside and folded the sides in and secured into place with Scor-tape. I used my WRMK Corner Chomper , Stub/Deco , to give it a decorative finish. To decorate the front I used pieces of the BoBunny Primrose Ephemera Pack (flower, pink bling, ribbons, and lace rub-on),  BoBunny Jewels, Prima Vintage Trinkets, and Viennese Lace Butterfly. I used my Crop-a-dile to punch the holes of each page when I finished covering them.
029
On the inside cover, I created a belly band. I cut a piece of pattern paper 1 inch wide and punched both sides with MS Swirling Lace punch. I attached the ends to the back of the paper before I adhered it to the chipboard album. I used some of the cut outs from the paper and leftover cut pieces, to create the tags throughout the album. I used the stub chomper to create the ticket book tag.
030
Here I used the BoBunny Primrose Washi Tape to cover the page tabs. I did this for each page alternating between the pink polka dot and the butterfly patterns. I covered them front and back. I then applied my paper and added a simple corner pocket. I cut a piece 4 3/4" x 4 1/2". I measured in 2 inches from the top right and 2 inches up from the bottom left and cut off the diagonal piece. I then used a punch to give it a decorative edge. I scored the right side and bottom at 1/2 inch. I cut out the corner square, applied tape to the back tabs and attached to lower right to form pocket.
   031  
On this page I made an interactive fold out piece and added the butterflies from my TH on the edge die behind it. (The fold out piece is best seen in the short video below.) To make it, I cut four pieces of paper 4x8, two horizontal and two vertical, folded in half to form a 4x4 square. I placed them so that the openings were alternating (top opened to the right, next opening from the top, then the left and last the bottom) I attached them to each other, back to front, with scor-tape. I added some ribbon for a bow closure and attached it to my page.

032
On this page I cut out one of the decorative pieces and used it as a pocket. I attached it to the page with a little wet glue on the sides and bottom. You can see the bottom of the tags peeking out a little.
034
For this page I didn’t want to cover all the beautiful butterflies, so I found a piece of  punchinella  in my stash and used it for a pocket. I used Glossy Accents to adhere it to the bottom and back of the paper and stuck it down. I really like how it worked out!
033
Here I made a waterfall page. I cut two pieces of cardstock. One at 4 3/4 x 8 1/2 and scored @ 4 and 4 1/2 and the second is 4 3/4 x 9 1/2 scored @ 4 1/2 and 5. I added tape to the 1/2 inch gussets and placed them onto my page ensuring I didn’t cover the holes for the binding rings.
   035
A simple pocket worked great for this page. . I cut a piece 7 x 3 and scored on the two short sides and the left long side. Applied tape to the tabs and placed it down.
036
On this page I took the pattern paper and cut a slit along the edge of the design, with my craft knife, to form a pocket. Make sure you don’t cut all the way across, leave at least a half inch to an inch on each side.
   037
I used this cut out from the BoBunny Primrose Ephemera Pack to make the belly band. I attached it to the paper on the back and then to the album.
039
I am showing the back first because you will need to attach your closure before you cover the inside back cover. Add your paper and then add your closure band. Here I used two small white eyelets to securely hold mine.
038
 I used another piece from the BoBunny Primrose Ephemera Pack  and cut a piece 3 1/4 x 2  attach to the page with hot glue to form a place holder for the tags. I used my corner punch for a decorative element and a flower gem from the BoBunny Primrose Ephemera Pack .
TTFN!
Debi
Supplies used:
BoBunny Primrose Collection Pack
BoBunny Primrose Washi Tape
BoBunny Primrose Ephemera Pack
4 Tab Chipboard Album
Petaloo Fancy Trims
Prima Vintage Trinkets
also used some punchinella from my stash to form one of the pockets and my on the edge butterfly die from Tim Holtz for accents.







3 comments:

  1. Love it Debi, hope the migraine clears for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful Debi and I love the use of the punchinella for a pocket. Sure hope you are feeling better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this paper line and your album is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete